Sunday, 28 October 2007
So is that A.D.D? or just mind numbingly bored from reading about formats, standardisation.................................................................... I will complete this course!
Wednesday, 24 October 2007
- middle child if I say I cant afford lunch in the cafe having a tantrum in town does not help
- Britannia building society, having 1 member of staff on duty at lunchtime on a market day is dumb
- general public, I know you are having a lovely day out but when you suddenly stop dead in your tracks on a packed pavement to gawp at a market stall I will end up ramming the buggy into your legs - no point giving me 'that' look
- Mr. NCP man, if I come to you and tell you my car I has broken down on the third floor with no lifts working and ask you what happens about the exit ticket whilst am waiting for the AA don't shrug your shoulders and say 'not my problem' when I am obviously harassed, hanging on to 2 (very hungry) kids having carried the buggy and shopping and the small child up 3 flights, and then had to carry child back down 3 flights to get help and then with the prospect of carrying them back up again! and then look on in amazement as I burst into tears
- Argos man - if you have an offer advertised in your brochure and it doesn't go through the till, I don't care - just sort it
- post office lady, £42.30 - £21.50 is not £15. no matter how many times you try to work it out on a piece of paper. use a calculator
Thursday, 18 October 2007
I am going to use this blog to have a little rant about all the twits who drive cars with no regard for other road users.
He said as it was happening all he could think was 'this is going to hurt'
after it happened he thought 'that wasn't so bad'
Tuesday, 16 October 2007
You got it, beef stew and mash - although once again noses were turned up by the younger 2, but I guess they will catch on soon enough - eat or go hungry!
5 points per serving
625g lean braising steak, diced
1 onion chopped
5 rashers lean smoked back bacon, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped roughly
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
500g tin chopped tomatoes
375ml beef stock
200g small mushrooms
- preheat oven gm2
- lightly SEASON beef and brown in lfs in a CASSEROLE, in 2 batches, removing to a plate as it browns
- spray casserole with a bit more fat, and cook onion, bacon and celery over a high heat for 5 minutes
- stir in garlic and cook for 30 secs, then add tomatoes, beef stock and browned beef
- season stew bring to simmer, cover and cook for 45 mins
- stir in mushrooms pushing them down into the liquid, then replace lid and cook for a further 45 minutes
serve with mash
Spent the afternoon at the main town library, trying my best to studyit was going really well to start with, then some daft woman from the local authority sat hersef down (I think she was a social worker) and started chatting to her client - with the clients son in the buggy!
Hey I like kids, after all I have 3 of my own, and fair play to her she was getting help to fill out forms to start a college course and get childcare help...................
But is the study section of a library really the place to sit with a pre school kid and chat about it?!
Monday, 15 October 2007
So my personal challenge was to fill it! but not with 'mums gone to Iceland' type of stuff, but with good, wholesome, healthy, tummy homecooked meals - well OK homecooked meals anyway!
Last Monday I did the big tesco online food order, on Thursday the big delivery came, and on Friday my alram clock rang out at 5am and the cooking began!
Apart from the school runs, and a pee break or 2 I didnt stop cooking until 7pm!
At that point I lost the will to live, so stopped for the night for fish and chips. The table laden with meals cooling down, and the fridge full of ingredients for more meals.
Saturday morning no alarm, but up at 9 and cooking again until 3pm.
And there on my table were 29 different meals, all pointed to the weight watchers plan. a lot of chopping, peeling, washing up and clearing up.
But now I can be Mrs. Smug at every meal time (except Sundays when we will have a good ol' fashioned roast) when my family will eat well without a miserable Mrs.B having slaved in the kitchen.
Tonight it came into its own. Brownie night for me, Rainbows for middle child - normally a hectic mad evening of corner cutting meals, but not tonight oh no! tonight we had;
7.5 POINTS PER SERVING
1250G POTATOES, PEELED AND CHOPPED ROUGHLY
2 LEEKS, TRIMMED AND SLICED
625G EXTRA LEAN MINCE BEEF
1 ONION, CHOPPED FINELY
220G CARROTS, PEELED AND DICED
150G MUSHROOMS, CHOPPED
375ML BEEF STOCK
2 TBSP TOMATO PUREE
1 TSP WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
60G VFL CHEESE
5 TBSP MILK
- PREHEAT OVEN GM6
- SIMMER POTATOES FOR 15 MINUTES. ADD LEEKS FOR LAST 2 MINUTES. DRAIN WELL AND MASH WITH CHEESE AND MILK
- BROWN BEEF AND ONIONS FOR 5 MINS
- MIX IN CARROTS AND MUSHROOMS, THEN STOCK, PUREE AND WORC SAUCE. BRING TO BOIL, SIMMER FOR 15 MINUTES. POUR INTO A LARGE DISH
- SPOON POTATO MIX ON TOP, BAKE FOR 20 MINS.
complete with dry fried leeks and button mushrooms. Yum Yum - well 3 out of 5 of us thought so, middle and smallest children turned their noses up - but hey theres no pleasing the under 8's when it comes to mealtimes is there?