You got it, beef stew and mash - although once again noses were turned up by the younger 2, but I guess they will catch on soon enough - eat or go hungry!
5 points per serving
625g lean braising steak, diced
1 onion chopped
5 rashers lean smoked back bacon, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped roughly
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
500g tin chopped tomatoes
375ml beef stock
200g small mushrooms
- preheat oven gm2
- lightly SEASON beef and brown in lfs in a CASSEROLE, in 2 batches, removing to a plate as it browns
- spray casserole with a bit more fat, and cook onion, bacon and celery over a high heat for 5 minutes
- stir in garlic and cook for 30 secs, then add tomatoes, beef stock and browned beef
- season stew bring to simmer, cover and cook for 45 mins
- stir in mushrooms pushing them down into the liquid, then replace lid and cook for a further 45 minutes
serve with mash
Spent the afternoon at the main town library, trying my best to studyit was going really well to start with, then some daft woman from the local authority sat hersef down (I think she was a social worker) and started chatting to her client - with the clients son in the buggy!
Hey I like kids, after all I have 3 of my own, and fair play to her she was getting help to fill out forms to start a college course and get childcare help...................
But is the study section of a library really the place to sit with a pre school kid and chat about it?!