Monday 24 December 2007

on the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me.............................


26th December 2007, Boxing Day

The 3 french hens signify Faith, Hope and Charity
very good sentiments indeed.

Faith, mmmmm havent had a lot of that in a long time, this family seems to have been dealt more than its fair share of 'stuff' over the last few years. I could be very deep about this and say its God testing us, or that we are paying for past sins, but from where I stand it is just so unfair (hey a bit of kevin the teenager came out there for a minute).

Hope, yup always have plenty of that, I hope I will make it through another day without throttling the kids, I hope I can keep up with my coursework, I hope there is enough money in the bank to pay the bills. But most of all I hope for peace and harmony, for my children to grow up strong, brave and wise, and for me and my family to keep our good health.

Charity, mmmmmmm well everyone has their own individual take on Charity. Some will drop coins in a box and consider that their bit, some will stand and shake that box. Others give up their time to help others or ensure all their shopping and gifts are ethically bought. Me? I think Charity is about thinking of others with every act we make and doing what we can to make the world a nicer, kinder, brighter place.

Now onto it being Boxing Day - I have often idly wondered why it was called that, but never that bothered to look it up, so tonight I have and here is what I found

Why is 26 December called Boxing Day in England?

Traditionally, this was the day to open the Christmas Box to share the contents with the poor.

interesting, goes hand in hand with the french hens - faith in those who have to help those who have not, hope of the poor for the box to be shared with them and Charity from those who share

I hope Christmas has bought you cheer and goodwill and lots of love and kindness from those dear to you


No comments: