Tuesday 17 November 2009

The one with no title


Had I not been so tired last night I would have blogged this then. The day we nearly had Niagra falls in our house!

It all began when........................................................................

I noticed a rather 'squidgy' feeling under foot in the bathroom when I went to the airing cupboard, this rang alarm bells, and true enough on inspection of the ceiling in the hallway I was faced with a huge bulge!

Cue mad panic clearing of hallway incase of cascade! Then phonecall to our landlord (the local council, some times I am soooo grateful to be a tenant!) for a plumber to come out. He was here within the hour and checked boiler (newly fitted in April) seems some condensing pipe or other was fitted properly and so has probably been slowly leaking since April. with that sorted and the ceiling bulged drained the best we can, we are left with a ruined flooring upstairs, holes in our celing downstairs, a bucket of murky water in the hallway (catching drips) and sodden squishy floorboards in the bathroom. Now I have to wait to see what our landlords are going to do about it - I will be jiggered if I am going to make a claim on my household insurance!

No comments: